Thursday, March 12, 2009

homg!spring!


Sam Spenser's Umbrella Bloom
I have been having some serious spring freak-outs lately. Freak-outs include: avoiding school work (more than usual), spending money like I have it, laying down to nap outside, a compelling need to fly kites and blow bubbles, and an irrational desire to have a vase full of fresh cut flowers (I can't afford that). It was lovely out for a few days running, but Ohio is a bitch.

The most important thing about spring is taking care of my plant babies so that over the summer I will have lots of yummy foods to eat.
This year's family of plant babies:
cherry , heirloom mix, beefsteak, and roma tomatoes
green and sweet mix peppers
green beans
lavender
rosemary
lemon/lime, siam queen, fineleaf dwarf, genovese, and sweet basil

No comments: